Emergency Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets and Neutralizer are intended for emergency disinfection of drinking water. When used as directed, they make most water bacteriologically suitable for drinking. Not to be used on a continuous basis. For short term or limited emergency use only. Treats up to 25 quarts.
- Easy to use. No unpleasant taste
- Iodine-based compound (no chlorine)
- E.P.A. Reg. No. 79533-1-37257
- E.P.A. Est. No. 79533-WI-1 For more information
Step 1: Add 2 tablets to 1 quart or liter of water and cap loosely to allow a small amount of leakage. Wait 5 minutes. Shake container to allow screw threads on the closure to be moistened, then tighten cap. Wait 30 minutes before drinking.
Step 2: Neutralising tablets are for use AFTER water has been treated with Emergency Germicidal Drinking Water Tablets. Wait a minimum of 30 minutes after the addition of Drinking Water Tablets before using the neutralizer tablets. Adding the neutralizer tablets before 30 minutes may allow harmful bacteria to remain in the drinking water. DO NOT ADD EMERGENCY GERMICIDAL DRINKING WATER TABLETS AND NEUTRALIZER TABLETS AT THE SAME TIME. Add 2 neutralizer tablets per quart of water. Shake container well. Wait 3 minutes before drinking. Tablets do not have to completely dissolve to be effective. RECAP BOTTLES TIGHTLY. KEEP TABLETS DRY.
Storage & Disposal:
- Store in a cool dry place. If empty: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
Precautionary statements: hazard to humans and domestic animals:
- Warning: Avoid eye contact. Will cause severe irritation to eyes and mucous membranes. Harmful if swallowed. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
- If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- If swallowed: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have a person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
- Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.
- Unopened - 4 years from manufacture date.
- Opened - 1 year from date of opening, or if they start to discolour.