This Australian Made Powa Beam 9â Spotlight is designed to be used as a powerful searchlight from your vehicle or boat. It connects directly to your vehicle battery to ensure you have uninterrupted light all night long. This model is popular among farmers, recreation shooters & is the light of choice by many professional shooters. If you are looking for something a bit smaller, check out our versatile 7â Spotlights!
- Reflector Size âÂ 245mm (Diameter)
- Casing SizeÂ - 265mm (Diameter) x 190mm (Depth)
- Voltage âÂ 12V
- Power âÂ 70W
- Light Type âÂ High Intensity Discharge (HID)
- Beam Type âÂ Adjustable from Spot to Spread
- Beam Colour Temperature âÂ 5000K Neutral White
- Base âÂ Steel Bracket with 12mm Mounting Hole
- Beam Distance âÂ TBC
- UPC:Â 793573 606525
Main Components for Modifications & Repairs:
- Bulb:Â 12V 70W HID Globe
- Lens:Â Toughened Glass
- Reflector:Â Heat Resistant Alloy Reflector
- Case:Â Anodized Alloy
- Base:Â Powder Coated Custom Metal Bracket
- Electronics:Â 12V HID System
- Powa Beam 9â 70W HID Spotlight
- 3.5m Cable
- Electrical Connectors
- Battery Clips
- Toggle Switch
- Powa Beam Bumper Sticker
- Powa Beam Spotlight Bag â Designed to fit all Powa Beam spotlights, protects your spotlight and gear, but can also be used as a travel or everyday gear bag
- Quick Draw Remote Control Handle â Recommended when installing your light on top of your car roof
- Lightweight Remote â Designed for 175mm lights and smaller, most commonly used with the Powa Strut Window Mount.
- Powa Strut Window Mount â Best choice for casual users who do not want to drill a hole in their car roof
- Tuff Glass â All spotlights from 2020 are made standard with the durable ultra-clear tuff glass however if you have an older spotlight you are able to purchase the new glass which is compatible with all older models.
- Anderson Style Plug â You can attach this to your spotlight cable if you have an Anderson plug in your vehicle for easier connection and removal. (Be sure to check that your cable from battery to Anderson plug in vehicle is a minimum 6mm)
- Adjustable Focus - All spotlights from 2020 are fitted with the adjustable focus system, if you have an older light you can buy a pre-focused reflector as a drop-in solution to upgrade to the new system.
- Xenon HID Bulbs â Powa Beam HID Spotlights come standard with a 5000K colour temperature bulb which is the optimum colour for brightness vs penetrability. However if you want more light you can change to a 6000K bulb or if you prefer the more warmer yellow tones you can change to a 4300K bulb.
- Red Glass Lens â Red tuff glass used to preserve the eyeâs natural adjusted night vision. Used by hunters to avoid spooking game as many see very poorly in the red colour spectrum.
Why Own a Powa Beam?
- Australian MadeÂ â The main components of Powa Beam Spotlights are manufactured in Victoria, Australia including the reflectors and outer cases. The lights are then assembled in our warehouse at Billinudgel, NSW with each one hand focused to produce the optimum light beam.
- Designed to LastÂ â Donât get sucked into buying a cheap light that breaks easily and you have to throw it out and buy a new one every couple of years. With a Powa Beam light you can have the confidence of knowing that they are made from premium quality materials including alloy reflectors and cases that are able to withstand the harsh Australian climate. In the event that your bulb may blow or you have accidentally damaged the light, no matter what part you require, it will be available.
- PerformanceÂ â Powa Beam Spotlights have been regarded as one of the best on the market for over 60 years. They are used by fishers, farmers, hunters and professional shooters, you may have noticed a big silver light on a 4wd ute roof, thatâs probably a Powa Beam!
Xenon HID or Quartz Halogen?
- We get asked many times about the difference between our QH & HID spotlights and which is better. The answer is not the same for everyone so we have tried to summarise the important considerations so you can make your own decision.
- PriceÂ â QH is much more affordable than HID so if price is important or you donât require the extra punch that HID produces then we would say choose QH.
- DistanceÂ â If you are looking for maximum beam distance then HID is your winner
- Power ConsumptionÂ â Our HID lights are only 55W & 70W which means they draw less power than a 100W QH while producing more light.
- MaintenanceÂ â The QH is basically powered by a simple cable to a bulb which leaves, while HID lights
- Powa Beamâs limited warranty guarantees that all Powa Beam brand products are to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period ofÂ 3 YEARSÂ after retail purchase from an authorized dealer.Â Please retain proof of purchase for warranty purposes.
- This guarantee excludes, but is not limited to, damages from road hazards/accidents, improper installation (including wiring) or operation, modification, unauthorized repair, misapplication or deliberate damage. It also excludes any consequential damage or inconvenience caused by failure of the product. Powa Beamâs liability is limited to the repair or replacement at Powa Beamâ discretion. No warranty exists for bulbs, globes or lens unless specified.
- Do not touch the HID bulb, ballast and cord after turning on the system:Â It generates 20,000 voltage while turned on and may cause burns or fatal accidents by electric shock, as well as shorten the lifespan of the bulb.
- Do not turn on/off frequently:Â It will shorten the lifespan of the bulb. It may also cause the HID bulb not to turn on which is an indication that the safety circuit is activated on the ballast and it is not a fault. Wait a while then turn it back on.
- If HID turns off while in use:Â Turn it off at the switch and wait approximately 15min then turn it on again. If the bulb returns to its normal condition then this indicates that a safety switch was activated and you can continue using the light. If there is no improvement then contact the store you purchased the light from.